"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." Mt. 3:11


"for our God is a
consuming fire.” Heb. 12:29


"He makes the winds His messengers, His ministers flames of
fire." Psalm 104:4



Monday, March 10, 2008

Heidi Baker's Testimony

"Several years ago, the Lord gave me a vision that is mentioned in our first book, There is Always Enough, but I will mention it briefly here. Ever since this day I have been wrecked and ruined by His love. I saw thousands and thousands of hungry children, all begging to be fed. I knew I had the responsibility of feeding them, and it totally overwhelmed me. I remember screaming out in panic and desperation, shouting, 'No, no, no! There are too many!' There was such a multitude of children pressing toward me that it seemed impossible that they could ever be fed by one person. I couldn't understand how on earth it was possible. At that time we cared for around 320 children, and I thought that was a lot.
But then Jesus showed me His face, and that changed everything for me. He gazed at me with eyes of love that pierced my soul. He looked right into me with eyes that were like liquid oil and fire at the same time. He melted my heart. His face was so indescribably glorious, shining and bright, yet I noticed that his body was broken--broken by the suffering He endured for us. And then He said to me, Take this. He reached into His side and took a small piece of His own body and placed it into my hand. Right in my hand in turned into bread. Jesus said to me, Now, give it to them to eat. I began to pass out the bread and every child ate--all those thousands and thousands of hungry mouths. Then Jesus said to me, I died so that there would always be enough." Expecting Miracles, Heidi and Roland Baker

No comments: