"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." Mt. 3:11


"for our God is a
consuming fire.” Heb. 12:29


"He makes the winds His messengers, His ministers flames of
fire." Psalm 104:4



Sunday, December 21, 2008

Less than I was meant to be...

I wish I was more of a man

Have you ever felt that way

And if I had to tell you the truth

I'm afraid I'd have to say

That after all I've done and failed to do

I feel like less than I was meant to be


What if I could fix myself

Maybe then I could get free

I could try to be somebody else

Who's much better off than me

But I need to remember this

That it's when I'm at my weakest

I can clearly see


He made the lame walk and the dumb talk

And He opened blinded eyes to see

That the sun rises on His time

Yet He knows our deepest desperate need

And the world waits while His heart aches

To realize the dream

I wonder what life would be like if we let Jesus live through you and me.
Big Daddy Weave, "What Life Would Be Like"

A few days ago, I passed by Jesus on the road and didn't stop. It was about 5 degrees F on a snow covered road, and there He was walking against traffic on crutches
because He was missing one leg in a very rural area in Northern California. Of course, as I passed Him by, I did my best to justify why I couldn't stop even though, less than one mile farther down the road, I stopped to look at two big bucks and some coyotes! This is just confirmation that I am lacking in the love and compassion of Jesus. Please forgive me, Lord, for not stopping for the "least of these". If my job is to love, I have failed. Fill me with Your love and compassion for humanity and open my eyes to see people the way that You do. Give me the strength and courage to say "yes" to You everytime and to allow You to live through me. Amen

No comments: