"He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire." Mt. 3:11


"for our God is a
consuming fire.” Heb. 12:29


"He makes the winds His messengers, His ministers flames of
fire." Psalm 104:4



Friday, May 22, 2009

Our above and beyond GOOD God wants the absolute best for us!

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

My wife and I went to the orphanage in the country where we live to visit and hold the children for a couple of hours in the afternoon and, as we were there, it started raining. On our way out, my wife slipped on some concrete steps and fell hard on her elbow, back, and left heel. Because of her fall and also because it was raining, we decided that she should take a taxi back home and I would go alone on our now infamous scooter. She arrived home a bit bruised but safe. Since it was raining, I was driving very cautiously on the scooter. I was going down a hill at about 25km/hr (16mph) when a 13 year-old local boy, without looking, walked right out in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and swerved very sharply to the left trying to avoid him. Because the road was wet and the scooter had turned so sharp, my body flew off the scooter and into the boy. My shoulder hit him on his side and he crashed to the road, his forehead slamming into the pavement. When I got up and got to him, he was not fully conscious. His eyes were rolling back into his head and his breathing was convulsive and he had a large bump on his forehead. I immediately laid my hands on him and started to pray. Within seconds, a police car arrived and I carried the boy into the back seat and off we went to the hospital. On the way to the hospital, he was not improving but I continued to fervently pray. We arrived at the hospital and I carried him inside. By now, his convulsive breathing had calmed down and he seemed much more stable than before. God was at work! The doctors looked him over and asked him some questions that he didn’t respond to so they told us that we had to go to a bigger hospital via this small hospital’s ambulance. When we arrived at the bigger hospital, one doctor began examining him and he was beginning to give responses to their questions and complaining of head and elbow pain. After continual improvement in his responsiveness and an elbow x-ray, he finally could remember his phone number and we got in touch with his parents so they came to the hospital. By the time they arrived, the boy was clearly answering questions and the pain in his head had subsided due to the pain medications that they had given him. The x-ray came back with a small fracture on his elbow, but miraculously, when the doctor came and physically checked it, there was no pain and no swelling so they said that there was no way that the arm could be broken! After about 6 hours at the hospital, they released him to go home with instructions to watch for head injury complications. I tried to get them to give him a ct scan and keep him overnight but was not successful. I saw him this evening and he is doing much better. Praise the Lord! What a miracle! I will take him to see the doctor tomorrow…

“What was meant for bad, God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.” Gen. 50:20

This is the verse that God gave me last night at home as I was praying. I believe that God has a huge plan for this boy’s life. He is a Hindu but he is going to a Christian school and is hearing the truth every day. I fully believe that he will be used by God to lead many here in this nation to salvation in Jesus....the saving of many lives!


The next day...

Just a short update on the accident situation…I have had some great times with the boy that I hit on the road on Friday. He goes to a Christian school here but told me at the hospital on Friday that he was a Hindu. We were talking yesterday and I asked him what he thought about Jesus. He replied, “ I don’t know about my mother and father, but, for me, I think Jesus is the right way.” Wow! I then started talking to him about his village which is in one of the most remote places on earth and said that I would like to visit there with him sometime. He then said, “I have always thought of making a church in my village.” Wow again! God indeed has a wonderful plan in this whole situation and it is impossible for Him to not work everything out for the best for those who love Him and who are called according to His purpose according to Romans 8:28. Beauty for ashes!

No comments: